Chocolate Spritz Trees
I like to decorate these tasty chocolate morsels with a bit of chocolate or vanilla icing. In a pinch, confectioners' sugar works, too! — Kathy Jesson, Sarasota, Florida
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Gold or yellow sugar pearls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, vanilla and water. In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a tree disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sugar pearls, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, butter, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 67 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolage Jimmy Sticks in Taste of Home October/November 2012