- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Silk Pie
"Oh, my, this pie is to die for! I substituted 1/4 tsp. almond extract for the coffee and put it in an oreo crust. Instead of melting the chocolate mixture on top of the stove, I used the microwave. Thirty seconds. Stir. Thirty seconds. Perfect.I let the chocolate mixture cool too much and couldn't fold in the whipped cream. I ended up using the mixer on low speed and that worked just fine."
"A little too rich for everyone else's taste, but I loved it!"
"Can you do it without the coffee, if so do I sub something else? We don't drink coffee, tea or alcohol."
"This pie is delish!! I make this frequently and get rave reviews. I have changed it up a bit a few times. I have made it with milk chocolate chips, without the coffee (don't recommend), graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and everyone at my churches favorite way...with caramel and kosher salt on top - along with the whipped cream!! To make the texture a bit lighter, after folding in the whipping cream - I will put it all back in the mixer on a high speed and "fluff" it up a bit!!"
"I think very delicious dessert,tomorrow will prepare the tea."