- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Blend in remaining ingredients. Chill 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for about 20 minutes or until the cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen cookies.
Reviews forChocolate Shortbread
"I like chocolate, but these cookies are kinda bland."
"I followed this recipe to the letter, & it was awful. They were bitter, tasteless. All I ended up making was fish food for the fish in my pond. Very disappointed. No stars ........ :("
"My cookies looked exactly like the picture, but they crumbled very easily. Also, they had very little chocolate flavor, and I got maybe 2.5 dozen cookies out of this recipe."
"Just what I was looking for. Headed straight for the kitchen. Yummmmmm"