Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of the chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 659 calories, 45g fat (24g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 25, 2015
This is really good! I made mine in a rectangular pan too, so I could cut them into bars to take to church, and it took longer than I expected for the center to set. In the long run, it was worth the wait!
Mar 15, 2014
This was delicious! Super easy too.
Mar 26, 2013
this recipe was a hit with my family! im making it again for dinner with my sister and her husband tomorrow nite. a great recipe!
Jan 31, 2013
I haven't made this yet but plan to soon. Could you leave the cookies off the top to bake it and add them later?
Dec 30, 2012
I agree with other reviewers who have had problems with the cooking time on this recipe. After 70 minutes I took it out of the oven because the cookies on top were getting burnt, but the center still wasn't set. It firmed up in the fridge though. It is a good cake but supremely rich.
Aug 29, 2012
This recipe did not turn out as I had hoped. I followed the recipe, but the cake just wouldn't set for me...
Apr 14, 2012
I would definitely have made the cheesecake again except for the fact that after following the directions word for word, it has taken more almost an hour and a half to cook the thing. I have a fairly new oven, so I know thats not the issue, I definitely think that the setting should be 350 instead of 325. But it was super easy to make.
Jul 11, 2011
awesome recipe! i tried it when i was looking for a really sweet chocolate something and this was it! defiantly a keeper. thx
Apr 21, 2011
I made this once for a party and one asked "did you get this from Cheesecake Factory?"..I used low fat cream cheese though.
Apr 6, 2011
I had never made cheesecake before so I was under the impression it was extremely difficult. This recipe was easy to follow and came out great. I made it for my daughters 21st birthday. It was a big hit. Very rich, but definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.