- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir in water until blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal layer. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Ribbon Bars
"These are very rich , but very good. I also had trouble make the crispies stick together, but they were delicious!"
"Been making these for a number of years now--always a hit when I bring them to work. Hubby loves them too....when he can get his hands on them."
"These are good! My ten-year old and her friends gobbled them up."