Chocolate Ribbon Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in cereal until well coated. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter. Stir in water until blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal layer. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set. Spread remaining cereal mixture over the top. Chill before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 9, 2018
These are very rich , but very good. I also had trouble make the crispies stick together, but they were delicious!
Aug 24, 2014
Been making these for a number of years now--always a hit when I bring them to work. Hubby loves them too....when he can get his hands on them.
Mar 16, 2010
Everyone loved these! the only problem I had was that the crispies didn't seem to want to stick to the chocolate. May have to press them together harder or move faster so that the chocolate doesn't have time to firm up.
Aug 10, 2008
These are good! My ten-year old and her friends gobbled them up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.