Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Curd
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Line the bottom with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Mix cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; peel off and discard waxed paper. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside 1/2 cup. To remaining cream, add sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- With a serrated knife, cut cake lengthwise into three equals pieces. Place one layer on a serving plate. Fold reserved 1/2 cup cream into curd; spread half over first cake layer. To with second cake layer and remaining curd. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with cocoa-cream mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Jan 15, 2018
Absolutely delicious!!! My family and I have made this recipe tons of times as the cake and also as cupcakes. We've taken it to a bridal shower, bible study, co-workers, and sold them to neighbors, and everyone loved, loved, and loved them!!
Sep 15, 2017
This is one good Torte and is easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.