- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Curd
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Line the bottom with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Mix cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; peel off and discard waxed paper. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside 1/2 cup. To remaining cream, add sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- With a serrated knife, cut cake lengthwise into three equals pieces. Place one layer on a serving plate. Fold reserved 1/2 cup cream into curd; spread half over first cake layer. To with second cake layer and remaining curd. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with cocoa-cream mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Raspberry Torte
"Absolutely delicious!!! My family and I have made this recipe tons of times as the cake and also as cupcakes. We've taken it to a bridal shower, bible study, co-workers, and sold them to neighbors, and everyone loved, loved, and loved them!!"
"This is one good Torte and is easy to make."