Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 395 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2018
I just added a little more melted butter to the chocolate so it wouldn't get that hard on top and so it would be easy to cut. Everyone loved it!
Sep 23, 2017
Put melted chocolate in a zip lock and drizzle all over--works well.
Jun 14, 2016
My family really enjoyed this dessert! I like that it uses real whipped cream and not whipped topping. I tend to agree with the reviewers that say the chocolate layer cracks too much and makes it difficult to cut, even with a hot knife. I think a few drizzles of chocolate while serving would help improve this, OR, try a chocolate graham crust as another reviewer suggested. Regardless, it's delicious as is if presentation isn't a big factor!
Jun 4, 2016
i used a graham cracker crust (chocolate) didn't have pie pastery - every thing turned out geat!
Apr 18, 2016
What a HIT this pie was for my picky family!! They LOVE it. So now when I make it I make 2
Aug 13, 2015
Jun 20, 2015
The chocolate layer on top is hard, so by the time we cut through it, to eat it, with our forks, we both flattened the cream and made a mess of the pie. A hot knife is excellent for cutting and serving, but you still have to eat it without ruining it. Chocolate on the bottom is the only answer. The raspberry layer made us both cringe it was so tart. Two extra tablespoons of sugar might be enough to fix that. The cream layer was delicious. For me, this recipe is only a beginning. It has definite problems to overcome.
Jan 29, 2015
Lovely and delicious! Made for an office party and everyone raved about it! The pie cutter under hot water is a great tip as a regular knife breaks and ruins the look of the chocolate on the slices.
Dec 20, 2014
My daughter made this and it has become the family favorite.
Oct 7, 2014
Beautiful pie, easy to make and really delicious ! Made it for a special dinner desert, and everyone raved. Do as earlier suggested, and hold pie cutter under hot water for a minute. Slides right through the pie and makes perfect slices. Thanks for this tip !