Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
The addition of whipping cream lends to the spectacular, smooth texture of this rich and creamy mousse. You just can't beat the chocolate-and-raspberry flavor combination.—Steffany Lohn, Brentwood, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries
- In a large saucepan, heat 1-1/2 cups cream and sugar over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate, liqueur and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into dessert glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 458 calories, 38g fat (22g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chambord Mousse in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.