- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (crust will appear puffy and dry). Cool on a wire rack. Spread jam over the crust.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. add melted chips; mix well. Carefully spread over jam. Melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle or pipe over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 6 dozen, 72 servings, 1 per serving.
Reviews forChocolate Raspberry Bars with Frosting
"I can't even believe that this is rated a 1.5. When I saw the review I hesitated to make this, but I'm glad I decided to make them (my love for chocolate & raspberry combo trumped!). They are awesome! I took them to work and my coworkers loved them. Everyone asked me for the recipe. They disappeared just as quickly as the time it took to make them. :0)"
"Most disappointing! Was excited about the ease of recipe and fanciful look; texture was chewy and dense and tasted much to sweet."
"If I decide to make them a second time, I will either use sugar free jam or half of the amount called for. It was WAY too much."
"This a not only delicious but fancy, when cookies and bars are called for. I have used it for two wedding receptions in addition to several other occasions and it has been a favorite at each event."