Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Stir in raisins (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set and tops begin to crack. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, remaining vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.