Chocolate Pumpkin Spider Tart
Guests are sure to get caught up in this creamy pumpkin and chocolate swirled tart. The web pattern looks impressive, but only takes a minute to create.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Chopped glazed walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet; bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- Meanwhile, beat pumpkin, sugar and cream cheese until blended. Beat in next six ingredients. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Transfer 3/4 cup filling to a small bowl; whisk in cocoa.
- Pour pumpkin filling into crust. Transfer chocolate mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe 4 concentric circles 1 in. apart over filling. Beginning with center circle, gently pull a knife through all four circles toward outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern.
- Bake until set, 28-33 minutes. Cool 1 hour; refrigerate overnight. If desired, serve with glazed walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 321 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Pumpkin Spider Tart in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014