Cooking is my favorite pastime—I've even put together my own cookbook of recipes I've collected over the years. We have three children and seven grandchildren.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch until thoroughly blended. Gradually stir in cream. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture thickens and begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour into individual serving dishes. Cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.