Chocolate Pudding Cake Cups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spoon into two greased 8- or 10-oz. custard cups.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Stir in boiling water. Pour over batter. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake layer comes out clean. Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 25, 2018
This was a good quick chocolate fix after my horrendous Monday! Love the fact that it only makes 2. I cooked them in 16 oz. custard cups for 20 minutes and they were perfect. The taste is a little different than the Hot Fudge Pudding cake I am used to.
May 25, 2010
This is almost identical to a recipe my mom made when I was young. We called it "Hot Fudge Pudding". Yes, you can bake it in the oven, 350 for about 45 minutes. YUMMY!!
May 13, 2010
This was a good, quick dessert. Ate it without ice cream or whipped cream. Nothing fancy, but a good chocolate fix.
Aug 31, 2009
Is this cake meant to be served warm as there are no directions to cool the cake before serving?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.