- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Pudding Cake
"The kids and I enjoyed the flavor of this. My husband did not care for this dessert. It definitely had a different texture that we are not used to. I loved the chocolate smell throughout the house while it cooked! I did have to substitute vanilla pudding for the chocolate. I thought I had chocolate pudding in the cupboard but I didn't. The chocolate chips went to the bottom."
"making this today. It's a snow day and cooking this will hit the spot to warm up and indulge."
"I love this -it cures the chocolate and pudding cravings!"
"This was great! It was done in 4 hours, though. I used 1/4 cup of chocolate liqueur and 3/4 cup of water."
"Made this over the weekend. It is like a steamed pudding. We liked it but it does need the chips and ice cream or whipped topping. Reminds me of what most of the world calls pudding. Mine was done in 4 hours rather than 6. Crock pot low may be warmer than some."
"I've made this for years. Sometimes substitute mint chocolate chips."