If you like chocolate and popcorn, you will enjoy this speedy snack from Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. "It's great for school bake sales, group functions or potluck socials," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 6 plain milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- Place popcorn in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows and peanuts. Break candy bars in half and place on top.
- Bake at 300° for 5 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute; toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 104 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Popcorn in Quick Cooking January/February 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.