Chocolate Pizza Heart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 7 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. heart on a waxed paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows, peanuts and potato chips. Immediately spread on prepared pan into heart shape. Sprinkle with coconut; top with cherries and M&M's.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours. Remove waxed paper. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 291 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 9, 2014
Well hi ther! Yalls got the same names as me! MNy name is "smittY"! Nd ie seed you got some Paula Deen quites! I jess loves me Pola Deen! Thank ya kindly fur sayin i's a inspiratuons!
Feb 8, 2014
Smitty, you are an inspiration to all.
Feb 8, 2014
Oh my word! Thes lil peetzer is jess so darnded prety! Yall no what i done isstead? I got a big ol biuiscuit dowe, smooshed it all rounds, spread sum jelly on therr, gots soome butters. n added shocalte chips! then i jess gets some marshmloowwses, and plooped them on therr like little pudgee hariy rabbits!! Thn i sprooshled sum jellie belliys on therr, snd ai was so essicted we jess tossed it all round and cooked dem. Then we all ates it, nd i t was campbells chikin soup goowd!!!!
Jul 1, 2013
Aug 26, 2012
This was delicious and a very special treat for those that don't like a traditional birthday cake! Eat within 24 hrs (recruit 10 friends at least to help eat this!) or the potato chips start to go stale.
Mar 6, 2011
Oh my gosh is this stuff good!! I was talking to an aunt about making it and when she heard it had potato chips in it, she was turned off. But when I made some and gave her a taste, she was hooked. I have already made it for several different occassions/people and have had numerous requests for more and/or the recipe. It's definitely not for someone watching their figure, but it sure is tasty!
Feb 12, 2011
Tastes a lot like a scotcharoo. Curious if something a bit healthier could be subbed for the chips (crushed corn flakes or rice crispies). I made individual "cookies" on a trial run to see if it was anything my daughter would want to take for a Valentine's day party. She loved them so we are making more. Our cookies appeared to be way more chocolate and not as much filler stuff compared to the picture. They are very sweet.
Feb 17, 2010
My Mom really loves potato chips so for her birthday party we decided to have a "Chips & Dip" theme. We used this recipe for her "cake". It was really easy to make. My 2 year old nephew even helped me. I think going into it we all thought, boy this is going to be really sweet, which it was but the peanuts & chips balanced it out. The kids all definitely loved it. Only 2 adults thought it was too sweet (party poopers!!). My sister-in-law described it as "like having all your favorite candy bars rolled into one". The only alterations I made were to save a bit of cash instead of buying the butterscotch chips I used the white since I had to purchase those for drizzling at the end. I also skipped out on the maraschino cherries because most of the family members do not care for them. So, in order to make it as visually appealing as the picture we sprinkled marshmallows on top in the place of the cherries. Anyway, it's a really cute dessert & the kids will love you for making it. They'll be bouncing off the walls later but they will love you.
Feb 11, 2010
Cute, tasty and original. Healthy? I think not....
Mar 4, 2009