Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips, pistachios and cranberries.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10x2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 cookies.
1 each: 107 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
"Great recipe. Now one of my favorites. I prefer the texture over the brownie biscotti recipe. I used mini chocolate chips and left out the cranberries. The only downside is that the dough is VERY sticky, which made it a little hard to press into the bars, but this did not affect the finished texture at all. Made 'em, ate 'em, making more, in less than a week. :)"
"Tasty and easy to make!"
"The taste is fabulous! My logs crumbled badly and stuck to the cookie sheet. I used walnuts and left out the chips and cranberries because that is what I had on hand. I'll try again after researching what might have made them break up."
"Was fantastic. I took them to Xmas parties and was a definite hit. I chopped up part of the pistachios for easier rolling out."
"Forgot to add that I chilled the dough for almost an hour. That made it much easier to work with."
"This wa a very good lighter chocolate biscotti recipe. I have been making another biscotti recipe, but it was SO sticky. This one was much easier to work with and tastes great! Thumbs up!"
"These biscotti were DELICIOUS! I used parchment paper to form the biscotti and transfered each log to a parchment covered baking sheet. I also used the mini chips. I got fabulous reviews!"
"I ended up with a dry mix did not add nuts, cranberries, or chips. do i throw away or do you have a suggestion how to fix"
"This is very good. The only thing I did different was to use mini chocolate chips. After reading reviews, I added extra flour the first time; I wished I had not. The second time I made these with the recommended amount of flour. The biscotti texture was much nicer. Friends loved receiving these as gifts."