Chocolate Pie with Marshmallows
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and chocolate syrup until blended. Beat in melted chips. Set aside 1/4 cup of whipped topping. Fold marshmallows and remaining whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon filling into crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Top with reserved whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 615 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2018
i made this for teachers at my child's school and it was the first thing completely gone. I tasted the filling while I was making it and it tasted really good; I can just imagaine how good it is with the oreo crust and marshmallows. Need to make this for us next time!
Apr 6, 2015
Yummy! I just used a pre-prepared chocolate crumb crust and spread filling carefully over the foil edges which I had extended and it worked great! I used an entire pkg of chocolate chips, melting 1 1/3 cups of them and keeping the rest whole to add to the texture. That was fine! I added about a tsp of peppermint (an idea from one of the previous reviewers)and I think it enhanced the flavor. We liked it A LOT!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2011
My husband loved this and so did my little girls. It was easy enough to make and very thich and rich. It held up well when slicing (while some chocolate pies tend to get mushy). I used a pre-made graham crust since I didn't have chocolate cookies on hand. I think I would add some peppermint extract the next time.
Nov 25, 2009
I made this pie for Thanksgiving and it instantly became a family favorite. It was a succes with kids and adults.
Aug 4, 2009
The taste of this pie was not quite right. I followed the directions as they were but the end result was not a success. It was not sweet as I had hoped for.
Mar 7, 2008
I used fat free cream cheese and light whipped topping and it turned out great. I sent it to work with my husband and the next day I had to send the recipe to each person who tasted it.