Chocolate Peppermint Pie
"This delightful dessert will satisfy a chocolate lover's craving," assures Kristin Dorazio, from Chepachet, Rhode Island. "It's quite simple as well.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 quart chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (9 inches)
- 3 packages (1.84 ounces each) chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat candies with 3-4 tablespoons of cream; stir until smooth. Cool.
- Whip the remaining cream; spoon over ice cream. Drizzle with some of the chocolate-peppermint sauce; serve pie with the remaining sauce.