VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (6 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat candies with 3-4 tablespoons of cream; stir until smooth. Cool. Whip the remaining cream; spoon over ice cream. Drizzle with some of the chocolate-peppermint sauce; pass the remaining sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p67