Chocolate Pecan Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with whipped topping and raspberries if desired.
Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 389 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 12, 2010
Just wanted to tell amever my husband makes waffles on some weekends and keeps them warm and crisp in the oven at low temp. I'm guessing 250 or so.
Aug 11, 2010
I want to make these, but need to make them ahead of time. Tell me how to reheat and keep them crisp.Adonna
Jun 19, 2009
For me, the batter was very thin. I tried cooking a waffle before adding anything else, and it turned out fine!