- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh raspberries and whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate mixture just until combined; fold in pecans. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with raspberries and whipped topping. Yield: 16 waffles.
Reviews forChocolate Pecan Waffles
"Just wanted to tell amever my husband makes waffles on some weekends and keeps them warm and crisp in the oven at low temp. I'm guessing 250 or so."
"I want to make these, but need to make them ahead of time. Tell me how to reheat and keep them crisp.Adonna"
"For me, the batter was very thin. I tried cooking a waffle before adding anything else, and it turned out fine!"