Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then coat with pecans. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Press again into indentations with the spoon handle. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pecans are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and remaining butter until melted; stir until blended and smooth. Spoon into cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 319 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 24, 2014
These have a wonderful taste and look! Kind of a lot of work...especially the last step for the chocolate center. So next time I will just put a few,chocolate chips in the indentation before baking. Same results, eliminating a step. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.