Chocolate Pecan Thumbprints
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then coat with pecans. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Press again into indentations with the spoon handle. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pecans are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and remaining butter until melted; stir until blended and smooth. Spoon into cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 319 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2014
These have a wonderful taste and look! Kind of a lot of work...especially the last step for the chocolate center. So next time I will just put a few,chocolate chips in the indentation before baking. Same results, eliminating a step. Yum!