Chocolate-Pecan Pudding Cakes
Scrumptious chocolate mounds topped with syrup and a dollop come from Cory Tower of Columbus, Nebraska. He writes, "I'm in my 30s and have been cooking since I was 7, with my parents and grandparents to thank for providing my early experience. My grandfather was a professional baker."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into six greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour 2 tablespoons hot water over each cup. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cup; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.