Scrumptious chocolate mounds topped with syrup and a dollop come from Cory Tower of Columbus, Nebraska. He writes, "I'm in my 30s and have been cooking since I was 7, with my parents and grandparents to thank for providing my early experience. My grandfather was a professional baker."
Recommended: Our Best-Ever Chocolate Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into six greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour 2 tablespoons hot water over each cup. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cup;invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Pecan Pudding Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p24
Reviews forChocolate-Pecan Pudding Cakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review