Chocolate Pears in Caramel Sauce
—Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium ripe pears
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Core pears from bottom, leaving stem intact. Peel pears. If necessary, cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level. Place in a small baking dish. Brush pears with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cream and remaining butter. Heat over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Combine caramel topping and macadamia nuts; spoon onto dessert plates. Place pears upright on plates; spoon chocolate sauce over pears.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 632 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Covered Baked Pears with Caramel Sauce in Reminisce January/February 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.