- 1-1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Pie
"This pie is to die for!! Yum!"
"My husband loves any dessert made with peanut butter. This is one of his favorite peanut butter pies."
"Creamy goodness. Very sweet and rich like a typical peanut butter pie."
"So simple and yummy, I highly recommend. I took the shortcut of using a purchased cookie crust but I think it might be even better with the homemade cookie crust. I also added about 1/3 cup of a chopped up milk chocolate bar to the filling for a little extra chocolate kick, yum. If you have the time, make the day before, the pie sets up very nicely overnight in the refrigerator."
"I recall making this pie and instead of whipping cream, I'd used whipped topping (1 cup)! I'd taken this pie to at least a couple of luncheons at our chapel and this pie was very much enjoyed! It IS best to keep this pie refrigerated so it stays firm! I recall that when I'd prepared this pie, I was asked for the recipe! I used the recipe when I'd gotten my 2nd edition of Crate 'o Recipes from Taste of Home. This is a really great recipe and it's so easy and quick! NOTE: I have all the Crate o' Recipes which had been featured in the original Country Store catalog and this was among those recipes-very handy to just go to my references on my kitchen counter, select what I wish to prepare and start baking or cooking!delowenstein"
"I have been making this pie since the original recipe was printed in TOH. I think about 1995 or 1996! My husband and son want this for their birthday "cake" every year! I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this pie! I use a premade Oreo crust, but keep everything else the same. Such a rich and yummy dessert."
"Such a wonderful dessert. I bought a pre-made chocolate cooky crust, used low-fat cream cheese and substituted low-fat Cool-whip for the whipping cream and loved the results! I knew we didn't need quite so many calories and the pie was creamy and very tasty with the substitutions. I will definitely make this again and again!"
"Great recipe!! Made 2 of these today.....one for my family and the other for a friend."
"I love this recipe!!! I did change it from pie to bars. I changed the crust back to graham cracker crust. I make a large cook and serve chocolate pudding and layer on top of crust in a cake pan. Then I put the peanut butter filling on top and then a tub of cool whip on top of that. The filling is so rich and sweet that the pudding and cool whip helps balance it out."