Chocolate Peanut Pie
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Store in refrigerator.
1 piece: 551 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 17, 2019This is so easy to make and always a winner! Make two! Freezes very well. Dress it up just before serving- sprinkles, mini m
Aug 27, 2019Like other reviewers, I have been making this pie since it was first published in the magazine! Folding in the whipping cream takes a gentle and patient hand, but then it comes together and has such a creamy texture. I have made it with a regular graham cracker crust and it's good that way too, but the chocolate crust is my favorite! Perfect recipe in every way!
Jun 16, 2019This pie is a family favorite! Very rich! Never any leftovers!
Jul 20, 2017
This pie is to die for!! Yum!
Jan 1, 2017
This is so good! I love this pie. I have sometimes used a graham cracker crust instead which is also very tasty. i like to sprinkle the top of the pie with chopped peanuts for extra crunch and peanutty taste.
Aug 31, 2015
My husband loves any dessert made with peanut butter. This is one of his favorite peanut butter pies.
Aug 30, 2015
Creamy goodness. Very sweet and rich like a typical peanut butter pie.
Jun 17, 2015
So simple and yummy, I highly recommend. I took the shortcut of using a purchased cookie crust but I think it might be even better with the homemade cookie crust. I also added about 1/3 cup of a chopped up milk chocolate bar to the filling for a little extra chocolate kick, yum. If you have the time, make the day before, the pie sets up very nicely overnight in the refrigerator.
Sep 4, 2014
I recall making this pie and instead of whipping cream, I'd used whipped topping (1 cup)! I'd taken this pie to at least a couple of luncheons at our chapel and this pie was very much enjoyed! It IS best to keep this pie refrigerated so it stays firm! I recall that when I'd prepared this pie, I was asked for the recipe! I used the recipe when I'd gotten my 2nd edition of Crate 'o Recipes from Taste of Home. This is a really great recipe and it's so easy and quick! NOTE: I have all the Crate o' Recipes which had been featured in the original Country Store catalog and this was among those recipes-very handy to just go to my references on my kitchen counter, select what I wish to prepare and start baking or cooking!
Jul 6, 2014
I have been making this pie since the original recipe was printed in TOH. I think about 1995 or 1996! My husband and son want this for their birthday "cake" every year! I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this pie! I use a premade Oreo crust, but keep everything else the same. Such a rich and yummy dessert.