- 1-1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package ( 8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs, optional
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Refrigerate. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Pie
"This pie is to die for!! Yum!"
"My husband loves any dessert made with peanut butter. This is one of his favorite peanut butter pies."
"Creamy goodness. Very sweet and rich like a typical peanut butter pie."
"So simple and yummy, I highly recommend. I took the shortcut of using a purchased cookie crust but I think it might be even better with the homemade cookie crust. I also added about 1/3 cup of a chopped up milk chocolate bar to the filling for a little extra chocolate kick, yum. If you have the time, make the day before, the pie sets up very nicely overnight in the refrigerator."
"I have been making this pie since the original recipe was printed in TOH. I think about 1995 or 1996! My husband and son want this for their birthday "cake" every year! I am not a huge fan of peanut butter, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this pie! I use a premade Oreo crust, but keep everything else the same. Such a rich and yummy dessert."
"Such a wonderful dessert. I bought a pre-made chocolate cooky crust, used low-fat cream cheese and substituted low-fat Cool-whip for the whipping cream and loved the results! I knew we didn't need quite so many calories and the pie was creamy and very tasty with the substitutions. I will definitely make this again and again!"
"Great recipe!! Made 2 of these today.....one for my family and the other for a friend."
"I love this recipe!!! I did change it from pie to bars. I changed the crust back to graham cracker crust. I make a large cook and serve chocolate pudding and layer on top of crust in a cake pan. Then I put the peanut butter filling on top and then a tub of cool whip on top of that. The filling is so rich and sweet that the pudding and cool whip helps balance it out."
"I made this pie for Thanksgiving this year. It received good reviews from all that ate it. I found that serving it right out of the fridge worked best otherwise it was too soft. I bought a pre-made Oreo crust to save time and I left out the butter as I couldn't really see the need for it after all of the whipping cream and peanut butter. Maybe it would have helped bind all of the ingredients together in the end... Good pie."