Chocolate-Peanut Granola Bars
Nutella and peanut butter meet to make some amazing granola bars. People always think they're eating something naughty when I serve these, but the bars are full of oats and healthy fats. —Brenda Caughell, Durham, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400°. In an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ and sunflower kernels. Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 8-12 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and Nutella until blended.
- Transfer oat mixture to a large bowl; add honey mixture and toss to coat. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 178 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Nutella and Peanut Butter Granola Bars in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.