Chocolate Peanut Freeze
Total TimePrep: 25 + freezing
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, cover and process cookies until finely crushed. In a large bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in crushed cookies. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread ice cream over crust; freeze. Stir peanuts into chilled chocolate mixture. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 506 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 5, 2011
This was way too rich for me. I ended up passing it to my son's daycare. They loved it there.
May 12, 2008
This was one fantastic dessert. Easy to make, Taste great, and is wonderful to have in the freezer and on hand. I've made it several times.Tammy MaurerWinnipeg, MB Canada