- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter, milk and egg. Add 3/4 cup of peanuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping and peanuts. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in vanilla until smooth; drizzle over cake. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Delight
"Very good dessert. Family loved it.I only baked cake mix 25 min and while toothpick had small amount of dough it was fully baked and not dried out. Also you will need 1-1/2 cartons of whipped topping. Each carton only holds about 3 cups and that what recipe calls for to mix in with peanut butter so does not leave any extra to spread on top.The semi sweet choc chips did not melt well at all. I've used milk choc chips in past and will try them next time I make this. Since semi sweet didn't work I used choc syrup on top and that worked well for taste"
"Made using boxed mix brownies and the brownies instructions and it turned out perfect. I will say these are very rich so will not make them often but as a nice treat especially when sharing with others."
"Made this for Easter this year and it was a big hit. I was told this is the new family favorite"
"Do NOT use cake mix as directed (gets very hard), use a brownie mix and follow package directions. Add peanuts if desired."