Chocolate Peanut Delight
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and egg until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spread over the crust; top with the remaining whipped topping and peanuts.
- In a microwave melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla until smooth; drizzle over the dessert. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 656 calories, 39g fat (19g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2018
I used Brownie mix as someone else suggested. Also did not put melted chocolate on top. Very sweet and rich without it.
Mar 26, 2017
Very good dessert. Family loved it.I only baked cake mix 25 min and while toothpick had small amount of dough it was fully baked and not dried out. Also you will need 1-1/2 cartons of whipped topping. Each carton only holds about 3 cups and that what recipe calls for to mix in with peanut butter so does not leave any extra to spread on top.The semi sweet choc chips did not melt well at all. I've used milk choc chips in past and will try them next time I make this. Since semi sweet didn't work I used choc syrup on top and that worked well for taste
Jul 17, 2016
Made using boxed mix brownies and the brownies instructions and it turned out perfect. I will say these are very rich so will not make them often but as a nice treat especially when sharing with others.
Dec 6, 2013
I just made this for a dinner party and this was wonderful. I did read the reviews and used the brownies instead of the cake mix. Everyone loved it and took some home later, This was very rich and delicious. I'll definitely save this recipe.
Apr 12, 2012
Made this for Easter this year and it was a big hit. I was told this is the new family favorite
Mar 11, 2012
By reading the other reviews, I substituted the cake mix with Dark Chocolate brownie mix and followed the brownie instructions. I also omittedt the peanuts. It was a creamy dessert. I fixed it for a phase 10 party and it was gone in minutes.
Dec 23, 2010
Makes a nice holiday dessert or potluck item.
Sep 11, 2010
Baking powder added to the cake mix would make it softer. Add the amount of baking powder that would be called for in a from scratch cake recipe.
Feb 27, 2010
My family couldn't get enough of this dessert. I have to make it again this week because they loved it so much. Better to make it with a brownie mix instead of the cake as suggested. The cake mix turned out a little hard. Also use brownie directions.
Aug 13, 2008
Do NOT use cake mix as directed (gets very hard), use a brownie mix and follow package directions. Add peanuts if desired.