Chocolate Peanut Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups crushed Nutter Butter cookies (about 18 cookies)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat. Stir in crushed cookies until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Coarsely chop.
- Spread vanilla ice cream into a 9-in. springform pan; sprinkle with 2 cups cookie mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan.
- Spread whipped cream over top and sides of dessert; press remaining cookie mixture into sides. Freeze for 1 hour or until whipped cream is set. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 369 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 24, 2010
Tasty, but not overly special. Simple and easy recipe though, fun to make for the kids.
Jul 5, 2009
Just made this for Father's Day! Great! Next time I am going to use chocolate sandwich cookies!mmk
Jun 27, 2009
My daughter (11) and I made this for her birthday party last night. It was absolutely delicious!