Chocolate-Peanut Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl combine the cookie mix and butter; stir in peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake until center is almost set, 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency, about 40 minutes. Spread over top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 294 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 29, 2019
These were great! I will definitely be making them again. I added some peanut butter chips to the ganache so it was more of a chocolate peanut butter topping.
Mar 9, 2014
A big hit all around. Glad I copied off the recipe to give along with the bars........
Mar 7, 2014
lineal, yes, you can make these with your own pb cookie recipe for the crust! I did just that yesterday, & they turned out great! I used chunky pb & deleted the peanuts because I was in a hurry. I also found out that the cheesecake layer had some moisture on it & had to dab the drops off with a paper towel so the chocolate ganache would stick well. But, this is now a favorite in our house!
Mar 4, 2014
In order to reduce the calories, saturated fat, cholesterol and probably the salt, I'm going to try this with my own PB cookie recipe. Has anyone else tried that?I'll also be cutting them in 1" x 2" pieces since, at 24 squares, they will be very big.
Mar 15, 2012
Next time I am going to try it without the peanuts. I liked it, but it was too many for my husband and kids.
Jan 10, 2012
There's nothing like the combination of flavors in these bars. They're sweet and salty and super delicious! I made them for a treat at Thanksgiving time and they disappeared! They were very easy to make, too!