Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tarts Recipe
We love the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter and this tart gives us the best of both. This is fun for the whole family to make. If you make it in a tart pan, it's an upscale dessert. If you make it in a pizza pan, it's a great dessert for a pizza meal! —Susan Marshall, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons lightly salted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder; cover and process until blended. Add butter mixture; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. While processing, gradually add water and vanilla just until moist crumbs form. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over the bottoms of crusts. Refrigerate.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Spread into crusts.
- 5. For topping, in a microwave, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over tarts. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and peanuts over tops. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 tarts.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tarts
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC