Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
I developed this recipe by combining some dessert recipes in my collection. The smooth peanut butter flavor earns rave reviews.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 foil bonbon-size baking cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Place a scant teaspoonful inside each foil cup and rotate it gently in the palm of your hand to coat the sides and bottom. (Use a spoon to help coat the sides if necessary.)
- Place cups in miniature muffin pans; chill until firm. Set remaining chocolate aside. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk powder, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press one ball into each chocolate cup. Top with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.