- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 foil bonbon-size baking cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Place a scant teaspoonful inside each foil cup and rotate it gently in the palm of your hand to coat the sides and bottom. (Use a spoon to help coat the sides if necessary.)
- Place cups in miniature muffin pans; chill until firm. Set remaining chocolate aside. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk powder, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press one ball into each chocolate cup. Top with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Butter Cups
"We love these!"
"took these to church for a social. Big hit - no leftovers."