- 3 cups miniature pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Reserve 1/3 cup chopped pretzels. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallows; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in Rice Krispies and remaining chopped pretzels. Immediately press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add peanut butter chips; cook 30-40 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over cereal layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add chocolate chips; cook 30-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels; press down gently. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
"I ?? theze!! So delicious"
"I wasn't a big fan of these personally but my co-workers seemed to have enjoyed them. They tasted fine but I didn't care much for the texture. I was expecting them to be more like a rice crispy treat consistency but they were a bit chewy."
"Too sweet for my family's liking. Perhaps a full rice cereal recipie would help with sweetness"
"Great variation of rice crispy treats! We loved them!"
"So simple to make. My husband tasted a few. Really enjoyed. Giving most of them to my nephew for his birthday. I put some in the freezer. It will be interesting to see how the bars stand freezing. Will make again!!"
"Warning! These things are addictive. I made a batch for Halloween on Thursday and today (Sunday) my husband is begging me to make a batch for him to take to work with him this week. Needless to say they're in the fridge right now. I managed to get half of one from the first batch. YUM! Guess I know what I'll be giving for take-homes at T-Day. Thanks for sharing."
"Great twist on the usual ho-hum Rice Krispie bars. Love the salty-sweet combination of flavors."
"I took these to work for a birthday and they were a hit!"