Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the condensed milk, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and oats; mix well. Spread into an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish; shield corners with small triangles of foil.* Microwave, uncovered, at 50% powder for 10 minutes. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly; remove foil. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk and the remaining vanilla and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir; spread over bars. Yield: 16 bars.
Shielding with small pieces of oil prevents overcooking of food in the corners of a square or rectangular dish. This is the only time foil should be used in the microwave, but you should check your manufacturer's instructions before doing so. Secure foil firmly to dish and do not allow it to touch insides of oven.
1 piece: 259 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.