Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 23, 2012
These are amazing! Gooey and candy bar-like. I made them with white chocolate chips since my mom doesn't eat chocolate and they were still really good. I think I need to double the recipe next time, these went too fast!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.