VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add the vinegar, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in cocoa and chocolate.
- Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and strawberries. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon liqueur; toss gently to coat. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining liqueur; beat until soft peaks form.
- Top meringue with berries. Arrange kiwi over berries; top with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Pavlova in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p151
Reviews forChocolate Pavlova
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013