Chocolate Party Cake with Mocha Rum Icing
This moist cake is so delicious with its luscious coffee-flavored icing. Guests usually ask for the recipe. —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- MOCHA RUM ICING:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated nondairy creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 4 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, creamer, extract and enough coffee to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 384 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Fantasy Chocolate Party Bundt Cake with Mocha Rum Icing in Taste of Home June/July 2008
Sep 6, 2015
I thought this was okay, but nothing really special. I will say the the texture is super light and moist.
Oct 21, 2011
this is avery good cake just perfect for a party