Chocolate Party Cake with Mocha Rum Icing
This moist cake is so delicious with its luscious coffee-flavored icing. Guests usually ask for the recipe. —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- MOCHA RUM ICING:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated nondairy creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 4 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, creamer, extract and enough coffee to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 384 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 6, 2015
I thought this was okay, but nothing really special. I will say the the texture is super light and moist.
Oct 21, 2011
this is avery good cake just perfect for a party