Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Butter one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle with sugar. Spread cream cheese over the other side. Place candy bar on the cream cheese side of one slice; top with the other slice, butter side up.
- Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and candy bar is melted. Cut in half; top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 15, 2012
Wonderfully easy! Great inspiration starter to better utilized Panini maker.
Dec 8, 2008
The best bread for peanut butter and banana sandwiches (my all-time favorite!) is fresh white loaf bread. If, however, you want to make it gourmet and/or grill it, I'd go with a good multi-grain wheat sourdough. That will better stand up to heat and press (if you use one).
Sep 3, 2008
My husband loves peanut butter & banana sandwiches which, now that I'm thinking about it, would probably be pretty tasty warm. Is there a particular bread that you use or just any loaf bread? I saw Paula Deen make a sandwich on her show once that was the fried PB & Nanner type but then she put cinnamon sugar on the outside of it. As if the sandwich fried in a pan of butter weren't enough, let's add sugar. May my sweet tooth never been that needy.