Chocolate Orange Mousse
This easy-to-make dessert looks so elegant. Its velvety texture with a hint of orange flavor is a perfect ending to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the eggs, egg yolks, cream, brown sugar, juice and zest until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reached 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 542 calories, 41g fat (23g saturated fat), 294mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Orange Chocolate Mousse in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.