Chocolate Orange Fondue Recipe
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar or light corn syrup
- 18 ounces 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Assorted fresh fruit and cubed pound cake
- 1. In a large saucepan, stir together cream and sugar over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling; add chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth and heated through (do not boil). Remove from heat, stir in orange liqueur.
- 2. Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue warm. Serve with fruit and cake for dipping. Yield: 4 cups.
Double Boiler Method: In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, heat the chocolate, cream and sugar; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in orange liqueur.
1/4 cup (calculated without dippers): 216 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.