Chocolate Orange Fondue
For many years, we’ve celebrated New Year’s Eve with a fondue dinner, and my chocolate version is one of the dessert courses. We like using fresh fruit and cubed cake for dipping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar or light corn syrup
- 18 ounces 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Assorted fresh fruit and cubed pound cake
- In a large saucepan, stir together cream and sugar over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling; add chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth and heated through (do not boil). Remove from heat, stir in orange liqueur.
- Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue warm. Serve with fruit and cake for dipping.
Double Boiler Method: In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, heat the chocolate, cream and sugar; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in orange liqueur.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without dippers): 216 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as CHOCOLATE FONDUE, GRAND MARNIER in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013