Chocolate Orange Bites
Chocolate and orange blend beautifully in this Test Kitchen recipe, creating a special cookie with big taste. Better still, they're only 35 calories each!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Baking cocoa and/or additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly sprinkle with cocoa and/or confectioners’ sugar before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener and Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 35 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Chocolate Orange Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.